Sunday, December 19, 2010

आर्ट Rap


Painting and drawing come hard to me. I did not start drawing until I was thirty five.I thought I was trapped in photography by dyslexia. Then I took some lessons from Susan Anderton and I was off. Later in Denver I spent a couple of years at the Art Students League working on life drawing which led to me discovering my painting style "busted realism." I like to simply draw or sometimes take out the water color box. Did a series of air brush portraits until the money gave out. I feel like a farmer when asked what he'd do with a million dollars "Farm until the money gives out."

Not pitching the bitch rather being a realist. Art is in a tail spin for reason's out side the artists ability to deal with the market. The corrupt grants system worked for grants writers until the gravy train was hijacked by the the banksters and now only the stars get to make a living.

What I have been discovering is the backlash to unintelligible art is burying abstract art in the mass graveyard. Some of it was good most was lousy schlock as is the current revival of "impressionist art. There is some good stuff coming out of religious art: Kata Billups, David Merick pop up and cannot be denied as with George Pratt in the comic book world, Jureck with the airbrush, Jan Sitts exploring the mind, Doug Dawson hitting the hard bricks. Tom Lunn etching. Haven't heard Kay Kutch (Kay Starr).There are many others but I live in the Sahara of Bozart in Easter Colorado. Hard to find exposure among the Southern Baptists and methheads, the air fresh between Chemtrail dustings, sort of a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment